20101129

oricon special interview 「NO.1」


--How was the production of the song 「NO.1」like?
[TAKUYA∞] We were considering an opening for Tokyo Dome alongside with debut songs, latest singles and the ones that we sold the most, there were many options but some of them were hard to fit. That was a reason for writing 「NO.1」. As a result we’ve got this song as our ‘strike’, it has become an aggressive song.

--The song develops rapidly, the parts where it aggressively cuts in are quite risky, do you feel like this right now?
[Akira] We were fine then, it all came out naturally. We’ve been wanting to write such an aggressive song.
[Nobuto] It was hard to get used to to the way the song evolves; it’s interesting when it sinks in. It also gives a thrill to the lives.
[Katsuya] Originally from the indies era we’ve been jamming various things into our songs. At that time, the sound was all mixed up and there were parts that were hard to comprehend, and when it comes to this one, it was properly arranged.

--What kind of message is behind the title and the lyrics?
[TAKUYA∞] When you only hear the title 「NO.1」it’s not bragging: “Hey, isn’t it like this?!” or “We are first!”. Your dreams and what you want has to be spoken out without shame. This is what we say, we mean to say No.1. I myself say it often and I say it with pride. Declaring it so openly, my butt gets slapped.
[Shintaro] Tokyo Dome gives such a feeling as well. Before the big meeting, I was quite nervous and now I’m excited to dare to be reckless.

-- Don’t you feel the pressure of the Tokyo Dome performance?
[TAKUYA∞] It was decided months ago and at first I was, of course, swept off my feet. But now the image is complete, I’m relieved. It’s a good feeling.
[Akira] I admit, I can still barely fit it in my head (laughs). As much as I try to find place for it, it seems impossible. Maybe I feel so because it’s the Dome.
[Shintaro] Ahh, I will [feel the pressure] the moment it begins.

--So, in relation to 「NO.1」I’d like to hear each of you about something that ” only loses to No.1”
[Nobuto] Self-confidence? I need more self-confidence in both private life and at work!
[TAKUYA∞] Really had to say self-confidence. (laughs). As for me, getting various shampoos for the bathroom is No.1. There are about 15 kinds and I use them in order.
[Akira] I don’t have curtains hung up in the bedroom so lying on bed I'm completely exposed to the  neighbors. But yesterday it became too much and I finally placed an order for curtains (laughs).
[Shintaro] For me No.1 is having grains of rice stuck to black sweater.

--And this means...?
[Shintaro] Now, if you look at my sweater cuffs, you can still see that there was something stuck to it last year. Isn’t it amazing that it’s been here for a year?
[Katsuya] Wash it (laughs). My No.1 is moving. I’d like to live in an apartment with a similar floor plan and rooms like now but with a cheaper rent. Would you get angry if I moved?
[Nobuto] A little.
[Katsuya] A little No.1 it is (laughs).

----
Enjoy (=
t.

2 comments:

skatanixs said...

Sankyuu~~ butt slapped. woo. i wanna do that with pleasure. hahahhahaha.

Anonymous said...

thx for the translation <3 <3 <3